Numerous fad diets promise astonishing results but seldom do they work in reality. Even if one does end up losing weight using these diets, their body and immunity are weakened. Therefore, it is highly recommended to stay away from the fads and embrace a system that promotes natural ingredients and actions that not only help you lose weight but also make you strong from the inside. Here is a well-rounded guide on Ayurveda for weight loss that will help you lead a fitter life.
Ayurvedic Tips for Weight Loss
Seasonal Diet with Optimum Nutrition
The ideal weight loss journey begins with three proper meals a day with heavy breakfast, mild lunch, and light dinner. Ayurveda suggests a four-hour gap between each meal and including all seasonal fruits and vegetables in either raw or cooked form.
Stick to home-cooked food and eat only to fulfil the requirement of the nutrients of the body. Give preference to the regional and seasonal foods for natural assimilation of the nutrients.
Regular Body Movement
For healthy weight loss, start your day by sweating off for at least 30 minutes every day. Engage your body in regular movements like short walks after each meal to stimulate digestion. To fasten the process of weight loss, take up Yoga as a form of regular exercise as it also promises lasting results and increases your overall strength.
A body that does not have a regular movement becomes weak, prone to diseases, and increases the chances of obesity. Therefore, allow yourself regular body movement and have a better chance at weight loss.
Water for Weight Loss
Ayurveda suggests sipping water in small proportions throughout the day to address the clues given by the body for water intake. For losing weight, include a significant amount of water in your daily routine. Water consumed with lemon can fasten your weight loss journey as it is a natural detoxifier that improves the metabolism and aids the fat-breaking process. For maximum benefits, take in a few sips of lemon water every half an hour or have a large glass at the start of the day.
Sound and Scheduled Sleeping Pattern
In-line your sleep with the rising and setting of the sun for maintaining optimum levels of cortisol, the stress-response hormone that leads to weight gain. Track your sleep schedule and screen time before bed to ensure 6-8 hours of sound sleep to lead your next day with maximum concentration and a healthy body. Sleeping soundly has immense healing benefits that come in handy for weight loss, making it necessary to prioritize it above everything else.
A Rich 6-Flavoured Daily Diet
Ayurveda recognizes six essential flavours for the taste and treatment of the body. Incorporation of anabolic tastes - sweet, sour, and salty - and catabolic tastes - pungent, bitter, and astringent - in your daily diet alone can be a significant step in your ayurvedic weight loss journey. All these tastes together balance each other out because of their contradictory nature. The burning nature of catabolic tastes balances the building nature of anabolic tastes and gives your body the required nutrients in the optimum amount. Too many sweet, salty, and sour tastes are unhealthy and may lead to obesity; therefore, the inclusion of their counterpart tastes is imperative for a healthy lifestyle.
Few Minutes of Mindful Meditation
Meditating for a few minutes every day reduces stress levels which naturally helps the body in losing weight. The alert and attentive frame of mind post a meditation session allows you to consciously choose your intake proportions and make your lifestyle choices. Proven to be one of the major hindrances to weight loss, high-stress levels may cause serious degradation of health and need to be contained by mindfulness, revving up the process of weight loss and cherishing mounting mental health.
Ayurvedic Plants and Herbs For Weight Loss
- Triphala and Brahmi are suggested by Ayurveda for natural weight reduction. Triphala keeps the abdomen healthy by flushing out the toxins and acts as a natural colon toner, whereas Brahmi is the go-to herb for complete detoxification.
- Garcinia Cambogia is suggestable as it has hydroxycitric acid (HCA), making it one of the most effective weight loss supplements.
- Easily obtainable, fresh curry leaves, turmeric, mint, and spices like ginger, cinnamon, and black pepper are found to be very beneficial for losing weight by adding them to your regular food and drinks.
- Guggul, a gum resin made from the Commiphora Mukul tree, is a natural substance that once appropriately purified and processed can treat disorders of the metabolism. Studies have shown that it can break down fat cells, hence being effective in fat and weight loss.
- Kalonji (black cumin) and Vijaysar (Kino tree) are natural herbs used by Ayurveda for eons for treating obesity.
- For natural detoxification, beetroot can be relied upon as it purifies the blood, promoting fat and weight loss, in addition to helping you cherish a healthy body.
- Keep rice and refined wheat flour out of your regular diet.
- Avoiding milk products like butter and paneer, which are rich in fat, keeps your weight in check.
- Eat only when hungry and stop eating when the body indicates otherwise. Trust your body's internal intuition rather than any external cue.
- Refrain from snacking or munching between meals so that your body gets enough time for digestion and burning the fat stored in the body.
- Drink water half an hour before every meal as it boosts the metabolism up to 30% and reduces calorie intake during meals by large margins.
- Remove added sugar from your everyday diet by conscious consumption and in case of necessity, use jaggery instead.
An abundance of information regarding weight loss is doing rounds over the internet, making it perplexing for the aspirants. Weight loss is not as complicated as they make it seem, especially with Ayurveda at your disposal. Following the aforementioned ayurvedic tips for weight loss is bound to rev up your weight loss process and help you embrace a healthy lifestyle. Taking into account all ayurvedic tips, we have brought to life Auric Weight Balance beverage that tastes of nimbu pani and has the benefits of garcinia, beetroot, curcumin, turmeric, and more in every sip. Easy to drink yet effective, this pro-health beverage is everything ayurvedic that someone looking to lose weight must seek for!
Authored by: Bhavishya Pahwa
About the Author: Bhavishya Pahwa is a budding writer who has always confided in a pen. He believes that art is a cure-all and that introspection followed by writing can add to the sanity of the world.