Tips To Clean Your Copper Bottles
Copper was the first element to be known to man, and since ancient times, it has been used to serve several purposes. From being used to make weapons and trading currencies to household products, this trace mineral has numerous uses. Even Ayurveda emphasises the benefits of using copper vessels for drinking water. It is the only metal with antibacterial properties and is known to fight numerous health issues, including cancer, hypertension, and arthritis.
Earlier, people had second thoughts about buying copper bottles owing to the high copper bottle price. But in recent times, copper bottles are quite popular; even copper bottle price has become quite affordable these days. It is believed that the water stored in a pure copper bottle retains certain qualities from the copper, and drinking this water can help improve your overall health. You must remember that drinking water from copper bottles shouldn’t be done all year long since it could lead to extra copper deposits in your body. You must use them for 3 months and take a month’s break before using them again.
This article will explain how to clean copper bottles and retain their medicinal ability for a long time. Before learning how to clean copper bottles, you should first know how to purchase one properly.
Things to Remember While Buying Copper Water Bottles
It is important that you choose the right copper water bottle to benefit from its medicinal properties. Avoid making copper bottle price the deciding factor. Here are a few things to remember while buying a water bottle made of copper.
Buy Pure Copper Water Bottle
While most brands claim to have used pure copper in their bottles, many just have copper-lined water bottles. Though these copper-lined bottles may have little medicinal value, they will be missing out on insulation and durability. If you want to enjoy long-term copper bottle benefits, look for a brand that offers 100% pure copper bottles.
Don’t judge by the copper bottle price
Most of us get misguided by the copper bottle price – “The higher the copper bottle price, the better would be its quality.” But that’s not true. You can reap the same health benefits by choosing a low-priced copper bottle. Hence, just focus on the insulation and the purity of the copper used in the bottle.
Avoid Bottles with Lacquer finish
Copper Water bottles these days come with a lacquer finish that makes them look shiny. It would be hard to believe that such shiny bottles could actually pose a threat to your health.
Remember not to let copper bottle price be the reason for your purchase. Various brands use shiny finishes and copper bottle prices as baits to bring in customers. Avoid falling prey to such marketing schemes and make informed decisions instead.
Average Copper Bottle Price
Copper bottle prices may range from ₹280 to ₹350 per piece. Some may even cost above ₹1000 based on the capacity, design and lacquer finish used.
How to a clean Copper Bottle?
Copper oxidises over time, and if you do not know to clean copper water bottles correctly, you may have to get rid of them sooner than you intended. If you are not sure how to clean copper bottles naturally, then here are a few home-based methods.
Lemon and Salt
This is the simplest method for those who do not know how to clean copper bottles. As time passes, copper carbonate accumulates on the bottle’s surface. Citric Acid present in lemon dissolves the basic copper carbonate and makes the bottle look shiny again.
Steps on How to Clean Copper Bottle with Lemon & Salt:
- Dip a slice of lime/lemon in Salt
- Rub this lemon on the vessel
- Squeeze some of the juice into the salt and use the mixture to scrub the vessel again.
- If you have Himalayan salt, you can rub some directly onto the bottle's surface.
- Do not let salt sit on copper for a long time.
- Thoroughly wash it under running water.
- You can repeat the steps until your item is clean.
Steps on How to Clean Copper Bottle with Lemon & Salt From The Inside
- Dissolve a tsp of salt into 4 tbs of lemon juice.
- Add a cup of water to the solution and pour it into the vessel
- Give it a strong shake and scrub the inside of the bottle with a soft brush
- Pour the solution out and rinse it off with water.
Another effective way to clean copper bottles is to use tamarind. Tamarind has citric acid that neutralises the basic copper carbonate layer on bottles. So if you are looking for a natural method to clean copper bottles with use, choose tamarind.
Steps on How to Clean Copper Bottle with Tamarind:
- Soak some seedless tamarind in water for 20 minutes.
- Take out the pulp from the tamarind by gently squeezing it in water.
- Apply the paste to the utensil unless it is completely covered
- Scrub the vessel with a soft brush
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Dry it with a clean towel.
Steps on How to Clean Copper Bottle with Tamarind From The Inside
- Pour some tamarind water into the vessel and leave the vessel to rest for 20 minutes.
- Scrub the inner region with a soft brush.
- Rinse it off with water.
Vinegar & Salt Method
The following simple method to clean a copper bottle is to use vinegar. Vinegar has the same effects as lemon. So, if you are running out of lemons, you can use vinegar.
Steps on How to Clean Copper Bottle with Vinegar & Salt:
- To 1 tablespoon of salt, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Once the salt dissolves, apply it to the bottle
- Rub the bottle until you notice the stains go away
- Wash it thoroughly under running water
- Dry it with a soft towel.
Steps on How to Clean Copper Bottle with Vinegar & Salt from The Inside
- Pour some vinegar and salt solution into the bottle
- Close it and shake it well.
- Repeat this two times and wash it under running water.
If you are looking for ways to clean copper bottles without using table salt, try using Baking Soda instead. Combine it with vinegar or lemon and follow the steps mentioned above. Also read Copper Bottles And Their Many Benefits
Authored By: Divya Shankar
About Author: Divya Shankar is a multifaceted content writer with 7+ years of experience. She has exclusive writing expertise in ayurveda.
Leave a comment