Did you know, up to 60% of the human body is composed of water? Several types of research by scientists and biological chemistry journals published confirm that our human body is composed of: Auric Copper Bottle
- 73% of water in the brain and heart
- 83% of water in the lungs
- 64% of water in the skin
- 79% of water in muscles and kidneys
- 31% of water in bones
- Almost 90% of human blood consists of water
In order to survive and thrive, our body needs a certain amount of clean water on a daily basis. Also read 10 Benefits of Copper Bottles
The Important Functions Of Water In Our Body
This transparent, odourless, tasteless fluid serves various purposes in our bodies. Experts recommend a daily intake of at least eight glasses of water for our body to:
- Regulate body temperature
- Keep our joints lubricated and moving
- Form mucus and saliva
- Neutralise body blood pressure
- Assist in Kidney functions
- Flush out toxins through urine, sweat and faeces
- Enable oxygen circulation through blood
- Support digestive system
- Encourage healthy, glowing skin
- Act as padding to integral internal parts like the brain, tissues and spinal cord.
The secret to good health is not complicated but lies in hydrating our bodies regularly.
Enhance The Goodness Of Water While Storing It
We all have learned the property of water in school- it is a fluid that takes the shape of anything it’s poured into and can change properties depending on temperature. Drinking water can have additional benefits if stored correctly, in the right temperature and container. In today’s world, where convenience and long shelf life holds more importance- water bottles are often packed in plastic bottles. While manufacturers of these bottles claim they can be recycled and pose less harm to the environment and our body, it certainly impacts both.
Drinking water from a low grade or disposable plastic bottle can lead to chemical leaching and toxicity. Laced with harmful chemicals like phthalates, plastic bottles can potentially release these chemicals into the water when exposed to a certain amount of heat. This can have detrimental effects on health. Manufacturers also promote BPA-free plastic water bottles; however, they are still found in Type 7 plastic traces. BPA is known to act like artificial estrogen that can hamper fertility in men and women. In addition, we never really know where the water has come from. Is it as filtered and pure as the labels claim?
Many smarter alternatives to plastic bottles available today offer healing properties and address all the above issues. One such is a simple copper bottle used for storing water.
History Of Copper
The metal copper was first used more than 10,000 years ago for various purposes by ancient societies globally. The oldest artefacts dated far back in the Neolithic period show the use of copper. Whether it was in jewellery, currency, sculptures, lamps, tools or copper vessels, this shiny- reddish metal was the primary choice. Many ancient societies like Rome, Greece, Incas, Aztecs and Indians too have famously used copper in various items, from currency to copper vessels for cooking. Most ancient societies understood this metal's strength, durability, and function early on and have since incorporated it into their daily lives. In addition, Copper and its alloys were also discovered as the only metal with inherent anti-microbial properties. This astounding feature opened doors to more therapeutic and healing use of the metal.
Ayurveda, the science of life, has long known the benefits of using copper in the form of copper vessels or copper bottles and places it as one of the most important metals. The ancient Ayurvedic philosopher Acharya Charaka was one of the first advocators of storing water in copper vessels or Tamra Patra for its innate healing ability. Following this, many Indians, as a tradition, began to consume water stored overnight in pure copper vessels, known as Tamra Jal. Leaving the water or jal overnight in copper vessels let the copper ions positively charge water that erased traces of harmful bacteria or unsafe microbes.
With innumerable benefits in hand, copper soon became the most preferred metal for cooking vessels or as a copper water bottle in today’s world.
What is a Copper Water Bottle?
Copper vessels are coated or made of copper. One such vessel is a copper water bottle that is super convenient to carry when on the move and has many other benefits. While they do not store large amounts of water, a copper water bottle is perfect for storing daily drinking water. There are many benefits of using a pure copper water bottle; here are the top 10:
Being an oligodynamic metal, copper can destroy close to 1 million bacteria per millilitre. The anti-microbial properties in copper have shown to be remarkably effective to fight against bacteria like Salmonella, E-coli, S.Aureus and many other others that are harmful to health. Carrying a pure copper water bottle comes in handy when travelling as it's not only easy to carry around, is secured tightly by a lid but also protects the traveller's health from consuming contaminated water leading to diarrhoea.
Increases Collagen and Melanin Production
- Collagen and melanin are two important components responsible for each biological structure in our body. This includes our bones, skin, muscles, liver, kidneys and other structures. The anti-oxidant properties in Copper help prevent skin wrinkles, ageing and help in cell production. Our skin benefits from being hydrated all day- store the water in a pure copper water bottle and avail yourself of the remarkable advantage of copper ions released in it.
Enhanced Immune System
- Our immune system requires an amount of copper to perform various functions optimally. Found in all our body tissues, copper is a key influencer in making red blood cells and helps maintain nerve cells. Most importantly, it plays a key role in maintaining our immune system helping fight off infections. Storing water in a copper bottle allows the water to absorb copper ions from the copper bottle, charging the water with the metals
Avoids Blood Pressure Spikes
- Copper is known to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body. Therefore, drinking water charged by storing a copper bottle can not only help in maintaining blood pressure but can prevent heart-related ailments.
Water From A Copper Bottle Can Assist In Weight Loss
- If weight loss is one of your goals, try consuming your daily water intake from a copper bottle. It not only helps in digestion, but the copper element helps break down body fat while eliminating toxins.
Drinking from a Pure Copper Water Bottle Regulates the Thyroid Gland
- Health professionals have noticed a common factor among those patients that suffer from thyroid diseases- lower levels of copper in the body. Whether it is hypothyroidism you suffer from or hyperthyroidism, both ailments show a deficiency in copper. Drinking water charged from a copper water bottle can help regulate any imbalances in the thyroid gland.
Can Potentially Prevent Cancer
- Pure copper water bottle creates free copper radicals that act as anti-oxidants. These can prevent oxidative damage and destroy free radicals within our body, thereby stopping any cancer formation chances. When integrated with DNA, copper is considered a viable intervention to fend against cancer.
- Copper helps relieve aches and pains due to arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other joint inflammation with its potent anti-inflammatory properties. This trace element also has bone-strengthening properties making it the most sort after remedy for bone and joint-related ailments.
Slows Ageing Effects on Skin
- If you are looking for a natural and nourishing remedy for skin that is ageing- a copper bottle is for you. Drinking water from a pure copper water bottle means the water is rich in copper, a strong anti-oxidant and cell forming element. Hydrating our skin with copper laden water can help skin maintain its glow with lesser wrinkles visible.
- Copper is a great resource to heal wounds on the body, quickly. Its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties ensure that the body heals faster, naturally.
How To Clean A Copper Water Bottle
Maintaining a pure copper water bottle is simple as long as it’s cleaned regularly and with the right tools. Here are some tips on keeping your handy drinking buddy clean and at its best.
- Wipe the outsides of the bottle with a soft cloth
- Leave a slice of lemon, salt and water inside the bottle with boiling water. Leave the bottle to rest for 15 minutes to disinfect and remove any nasties. Shake this mix well and rinse off completely.
- Avoid the use of harsh chemicals to clean the copper water bottle.
- Do not store any other liquid in the pure copper water bottle
- Avoid storing water at extreme temperatures- boiling or freezing cold. This can affect the quality of water and bottle.
Copper water bottles have many benefits for the body. Carry them in your daily bag, on your trip to work or a family holiday. Trust this genius bottle that looks like any drinking water bottle to nourish our inside-out bodies. Conscious brands like Auric offer one of the best copper water bottles to balance body PH and bioenergies. Convert simple drinking water into enhanced water using copper ions released by storing water overnight in copper bottles. Say goodbye to plastic and hello to good health.
Authored By: Divya Shankar
About Author: Divya Shankar is a multifaceted content writer with 7+ years of experience. She has exclusive writing expertise in ayurveda.