Milk provides unique and special nutrition that cannot be obtained from any other type of food, as per Ayurveda. If milk that is consumed is digested properly by the body it nourishes the tissues. It also helps to balance any Doshas in the body and also helps in having balanced emotions. It is a food that gives immunity, strength, and contentment to a filled stomach. Thus milk is an important food in an individual’s diet. Imagine the goodness and benefits when it is combined with spices and dry fruits. It becomes the famous Doodh masala. This Doodh masala drink is a favourite of many people, kids and adults alike. Read below to know more about the amazing Doodh masala and its benefits.
What is a Doodh Masala?
Doodh masala is a beverage that is made from a Doodh masala powder. The Doodh masala powder is a combination of a slew of dry fruits and spices ground together to make for an amazing combination. The milk, also called Doodh, combines with the Doodh masala powder and makes an exciting and flavorful Doodh masala. The masala Doodh is made of power-packed ingredients like almonds, cashews, pistachios, watermelon seeds, and spices like cardamom, khus-khus, black pepper, and saffron, to name a few, and is a favourite of the people of Maharashtra. It is a speciality that is enjoyed during the frying Sharad Purnima, which is a harvest festival on the full moon day.
Doodh Masala Ingredients and Benefits
Doodh masala powder is one of those things that makes for a great combination with milk. It can be consumed as a hot beverage or a chilled milkshake. Since spices, seeds, and nuts are plant foods, they can easily be digested with milk. The Doodh masala is an instant energy drink that is ideal for breakfast. It is suited not just for toddlers and growing kids but also for adults. Adding Doodh masala powder to milk provides most of the nutrients needed in a single serving.
The beauty of Doodh masala powder is that it can be made in different ways using spices, dry fruits, and seeds that you like. The most effective Doodh masala powder contains the following ingredients:
- Almonds: These are nuts that contain Vitamin E and healthy unsaturated fatty acids. Apart from healthy fats, it contains protein and fibre in good amounts. Drinking Doodh masala with almonds gives you much-needed potassium and magnesium. It helps to maintain a healthy body weight and also optimal blood sugar levels.
- Pistachios: These are healthy ingredients to consume in Doodh masala. It is an authentic Ayurveda product that can be consumed with warm milk. They are rich in minerals like potassium and contain many vitamins and fibre. They are high in unsaturated fats and regulate blood cholesterol.
- Cashews: Authentic Ayurveda Doodh masala contains cashews which have many benefits. Among all dry fruits, it is rich in unsaturated fats and protein and is a great source of fibre. It is low in sugar and contains good quantities of copper, manganese, and magnesium. It promotes strong immunity, bone health, hair health, and healthy brain development.
Watermelon seeds: They contain oleic acid, linoleic acid, stearic acids, and more. So using them is not only nutritive but also gives a diuretic and cooling effect.
Also Read: The Whole Truth About Drinking Milk
- Cardamom: It is one of the important ingredients of Doodh masala powder. As per auntheitc Ayurveda books, it is tridoshic. It can balance all three doshas and is great for balancing Kapha. It also pacifies the Vata, particularly in the lungs and stomach.
- Black pepper: Another authentic Ayurveda ingredient used commonly in Doodh masala powder is black pepper. While all dry fruits used gives a sweet and nutty flavour. The black pepper is bitter, hot, and pungent in flavour. It is used in Doodh masala as it becomes easy to digest the milk. It also reduces intestinal worms and reduces Kapha dosha. It is great for those who want to prevent heart disease.
- Khus-Khus: It is used in making Doodh masala powder as it has high levels of copper, magnesium, calcium, and iodine. The use of this, along with all dry fruits mentioned above, contributes to a better nervous system.
- Saffron: Saffron is another authentic Ayurveda product that is used in Doodh masala powder. It has many analgesic properties and is a great cure for insomnia. Dry fruits and saffron can boost appetite and also improve digestion.
Benefits of the Doodh Masala
Taking Doodh masala with all dry fruits and spices has many benefits.
- It is a great source of energy
- It contains unsaturated fatty acids which are great for your cardiovascular health.
- It is amazingly good for hair and skin.
- It aids in maintaining a healthy weight.
- It boosts digestion and prevents constipation.
- It prevents or reduces nutritional deficiencies.
- Are a great source of many vital minerals and vitamins and are suitable for women’s health.
- It helps in maintaining optimal hormone levels.
- It is suitable for bone health.
Authentic Ayurvedic Doodh Masala is made with all dry fruits and spices is a great way to get the goodness of milk along with the benefits of the Doodh masala powder. It is also a great way to add milk to your diet.
Authored By: Divya Shankar
About Author: Divya Shankar is a multifaceted content writer with 7+ years of experience. She has exclusive writing expertise in Ayurveda