Kadak Chai or Kadak Tea, is a popular tea type specialized in the pungent aroma, delicious taste and extraordinary health benefits for the tea-lovers around the world.
Apart from exclusive tea-lovers of India, Kadak Chai is also popular in other parts of the world, like - United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait.
Kadak Chai is recognized as a popular wake-up drink in general households or inside homes and a beverage of delightful delicacy outside homes.
The Origin of Kadak Chai
Although Kadak Chai is typically enjoyed among tea-lovers in India, you will be surprised to know that the word "Chai" is derived from the Persian word "Chay," which means "Tea." It has grown extremely popular in countries other than India, for instance - Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and many others.
Special Spices of Kadak Chai
- Cardamom that is usually the main ingredient or spice of Kadak Chai
- Cloves as per one'e own taste and as they have a pungent flavor
- Ginger in the form of fresh slices or powder
- Saffron for its lovely scent and flavor
Kadak Chai vs Masala Chai - What Is The Difference Between Both of The Two Spice-Loaded Teas?
Is Kadak tea the same as Chai, you might wonder. No, that is not the case. Kadak tea has a stronger caramel color than your typical chai with a much more delicious taste because of the presence of highly flavourful and pungent spices. Kadak Chai however, is less flavorful than masala chai but with a long list of benefits that effectively surpasses the traditional masala chai benefits.
Kadak Chai is a type of tea that falls midway between the regular chai (plain tea) and masala chai (spicy tea). Masala Chai benefits the chai lovers with the combination of cinnamon, peppercorns, and a variety of whole spices while Kadak Chai or moringa tea usually just contains two or three spices which serve the purpose of the tea in the best manner.
Despite a striking difference between the two, many people still call Kadak Chai as masala chai or even kadak masala chai. This can be perplexing, but once you realize that the main variation is in the flavor and the number of spices used in the tea, you will be able to understand the difference between the two most popular versions of teas across the globe.
Preparation of Kadak Chai
Ingredients Needed To Prepare Kadak Chai -
- 1 cup of water
- 2-3 chopped cinnamon sticks
- 2 open cardamom beans.
- 2 sticks of cloves.
- ½ teaspoon of saffron.
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder or 1-2 pieces of fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons of black tea.
- 1 cup of milk or 1 can of condensed milk
- Sugar or sweetener as per your taste
Steps To Prepare Kadak Chai -
- Fill a saucepan halfway with the required amount of water and set it over the stove.
- Add all the spices (cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, ginger and saffron) to the water.
- After the water has come to a boil, add the tea leaves and sugar while stirring the boiling water constantly.
- Add the milk to the mixture, then whisk well to combine the ingredients and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. However, apart from regular/fresh milk, you can also use condensed milk as it is a better option for the Kadak Chai. Though a lot of people make Kadak Chai with fresh milk, they have to boil it for 15 minutes over high heat to achieve the heavy texture of Kadak tea. But while using condensed milk for Kadak Chai, there is no need for this. Just simply add the condensed milk and get your Kadal Chai ready to serve in no time.
- Filter the ingredients and serve the Kadak Chai as hot as possible and dive into the delicacy of the beverage
Also Read: Why is Auric Masala Tea The Best?
Why Should I Consume Kadak Chai?
Prevention of Diabetes
One of the best benefits of moringa tea is the effectiveness of the beverage to prevent Diabetes in an individual. The components in Kadak tea help to avoid sugar overloading in the bloodstream by enhancing insulin production, resulting in lower blood sugar levels. At the end of the day, one may be able to better control their blood sugar levels with the regular consumption of tea made of Kadak Chai masala powder.
Relieves Menstrual Cramps Effectively
Moringa Tea has a natural relaxing effect on the nerves and muscles that trigger cramps in the body.Not many people know it, but the chai masala powder can help to relieve menstrual cramps naturally, especially in women who suffer from severe cramps or an active PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome.
Reduces Stomach Bloating
By preventing additional air or water from being transported into the stomach, Moringa Tea can reduce the bloating effectively.
Controls Blood Pressure Levels
Moringa Tea can help with common problems such as blood pressure fluctuations in the body. The goodness of chai masala powder has a positive effect on the blood levels in the body, thus helping to remain stagnant and overall healthy.
Effective Ceasing of Cancer Growth Cells
According to recent studies, the antioxidant properties present in chai masala powder has proven to inhibit cancer cell proliferation. This claim is backed by three of Moringa Tea's key constituents - Cardamom, Ginger and Cinnamon that tremendously benefits the body of an individual.
An Active and Boosting Immune System
Clove and cinnamon present in Kadal Chai play a vital role in the body by strengthening the immune system naturally. Kadak Chai also aids in the development of the body's defense system, making it less susceptible to any kind of illness or infection.
Full of Antioxidant Properties
The presence of cloves in the Kadak Chai aids in the cholesterol reduction as well as plaque formation, both of the activities which contribute to cardiovascular diseases. A cuppa of Kadak Chai is full of antioxidants that are said to be excellent for the body and mind of an individual.
Full of Anti-Inflammatory Properties
All the amazing ingredients, herbs, and spices of Kadak Chai blend together to give rise to a powerful anti-inflammatory agent in the form of a beverage. The presence of ginger and cloves in the Kadak Chai serve as the main contributors to the anti-inflammatory effect it has on the body of the consumer.
Boosts Body's Energy Effortlessly
Due to the presence of caffeine in the tea-leaves that is widely known and popular for energy rush in the body, Kadak Chai is said to quickly enhance the energy levels in the body. For a dose of quick energy bout in the body, get yourself a hot cup of delicious Kadak Chai at any time of the day.
Effectively Treats Cold, Cough and Flu
A hot cup of moringa tea is one of the best cures for anything related to sore throat, cold, cough, flu and more relevant illness. The anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial characteristics or properties of chai masala powder makes the moringa tea an accessible option to opt for to treat common colds and flu symptoms. Even the constantly annoying coughs and nasal congestion can be avoided as well with this magical chai masala powder. A hot cuppa of Kadak Chai can take away all the blue feels and make you feel considerably better right away after the first sip.
Apart from the above stated, widely known multiple benefits of Kadak Chai, there are other lesser known benefits of the magnificent moringa tea as well which are as follows -
- A cuppa made of Kadak Chai masala powder is known for lowering the cholesterol levels in the blood along with aiding in maintaining a healthy heart rate in an individual.
- The anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties of the spices present in Kadak Chai masala powder is known for making a person feel instantly better and fresh right away after drinking the cup of Kadak Chai.
- The presence of caffeine in the Kadak Chai masala powder can start your day with a boosting stamina. Drinking Kadak Chai first thing in the morning is one of the habits that can help feel energetic and active all day long.
- The cinnamon and other herbs added to Kadak Chai masala powder helps to cleanse and detoxify the body from the inside.
Important Tips To Make The Best Cuppa of Kadak Chai
The way Kadak Chai is prepared varies from country to country and people to people, for instance - some people use special combination of spices for the Kadak Chai while others add nutmeg to Kadak tea by straining it through a spice strainer while the water is boiling or by cracking nutmeg into a piece of cloth while the water is boiling. Following are some valuable and exclusive tips to make your cuppa of simmering Kadak Chai better -
- While the making of a cuppa of Kadak Chai make sure to use the high-quality tea leaves to get the astounding aroma you desire for
- Cocoa powder can be used to enhance the flavor of the Kadak Chai if you are a chocolate lover
- Instead of sugar, honey can be used as a sweetener for the Kadak Chai which stops the unhealthy weight gain of the body due to an increase in the calorie count. Honey also gives a unique taste to Kadal Chai by blending perfectly with the given spices.
Authored By: Bhavishya Pahwa
About the Author : Bhavishya Pahwa is a budding writer who has always confided in a pen. He believes that art is a cure-all and that introspection followed by writing can add to the sanity of the world.