Ayurveda is a holistic wellness structure that originated 5,000 years ago in the Indian subcontinent. It is one of the oldest healthcare traditions and has become popular worldwide as an alternative medicine system. Ayurveda is a widespread practice as it takes a holistic view focusing on nutrition, a balanced lifestyle and stress reduction. Its dietary principles and remedies are being successfully used for making Ayurvedic weight loss drinks or weight reducing tablets. Read below to know more about how it aids in weight loss.
Eating According to Your Dosha
Before you jump ahead and buy ayurvedic slimming tablets or weight loss tablets , it is important to understand that people have to eat as per their Dosha. Only after determining it should you look to purchase Ayurvedic weight loss drinks or weight loss tablets. As per Ayurvedic practitioners, the human body has three energy forms, each connected to natural elements. These are:
Every individual has these three forms of energy, but a person’s dosha is the most predominant energy in the body. As per Ayurveda, you should eat as per your dosha. So the same applies to using having weight loss drinks or a weight loss or weight reducing tablet.
Dietary Recommendations based on Dosha
Whether you are choosing your Ayurvedic weight loss drink or weight reducing tablet, it becomes important to know your Dosha before formulating your diet. Here are a few recommendations:
Diet for Vata Dominant People
Those with Vata dosha should consume small meals. If you are consuming weight loss drinks or weight reducing tablets, ensure that the dosage is spaced at least 2 hours apart. Consume cooked vegetables but avoid tomatoes, eggplants and peppers. Include a variety of seeds and nuts and limit legumes in your diet. Avoid astringent fruits but have juicy or sweet fruits. Bear this in mind when choosing slimming tablets or weight reducing tables. Check the ingredients before using them. If you have a weight loss drink, ensure it has no added sugar and avoid an extremely cold drink.
Diet for Pitta Dominant People
Whether you are taking weight loss tablets, Ayurvedic or a weight loss drink, ensure it is caffeine free. Consume lots of salads and raw vegetables and limit the intake of eggs, meat and seafood. Also, avoid nuts and seeds and consume legumes in moderation. Drink dairy products; try milk thandai in summer as it is good as a weight loss drink.
Diet for Kapha Dominant People
People with Kapha dosha should consume food in limited quantities. That means, even if it is a weight loss drink, limit it to a few glasses. Consume green and leafy vegetables. Eat fruits like peaches, cranberries, mangoes, and apples. Limit nuts, seeds, animal foods, dairy and high-fat foods. Keep a note of these ingredients when choosing your slimming tablets or weight reducing tablets.
Keys to Successful Weight Loss as per Ayurveda
Most weight loss diets and trends are rigid, difficult to maintain and thus not for everyone. Ayurveda, an alternative medicine, has been around for over 5,000 years and is still going strong. As per Ayurveda, the keys to a successful weight loss, apart from taking weight loss drinks and weight loss tablets, are:
- Making natural and sustainable changes to lifestyle, sleep and nutrition for total wellness even after taking weight loss or slimming tablets of Ayurvedic.
- Ayurveda does not promote a one-fit solution. Personalised solutions and therapies with an emphasis on self-awareness foster better success.
- Emphasise on prevention rather than cure . Following Ayurvedic principles empower an individual and treat the root cause, not just the disease symptoms. A holistic management of the tri-doshas is done.
- Stress relief through meditation, yoga, cleansing therapies and palliative herbs is done as a sound mind is as important as a sound body, and taking weight-reducing tablets.
Ayurvedic Weight Loss Tips
Just taking a weight loss drink or weight loss tablet will not suffice. There are additional things that need to be followed for successful weight loss. Here are a few tips to follow after taking weight loss tablets of Ayurvedic nature:
- Exercise regularly: As per Ayurveda, exercise is a must to remain fit and lose weight. One should sweat it out by doing exercise after taking a weight loss tablet so as to accelerate the process of weight loss. Along with this, a healthy Ayurvedic diet should be followed.
- Meditation: For a healthy mind, meditation is a must. Stress causes many people to overeat and limit the benefits of the ayurvedic weight loss tablets. Hence it is important to do meditation for the mind and body. It is one of the ways to lose weight after taking weight loss drinks or weight reducing tablets.
- Follow a healthy diet: Ayurvedic way of losing weight is not just taking weight loss or slimming tablets Ayurvedic. It involves eating at the right time and eating healthily. Have three meals a day that is made of fresh vegetables and seasonal fruits. Have a heavy breakfast, mid-sized lunch and a light dinner. Avoid unhealthy snacking and give a gap of 4 hours between meals. Eat local and seasonal foods as it helps in digesting faster.
Remember that following an Ayurvedic diet does not mean taking slimming tablets and giving up on foods that you love. To restore balance, have them in moderation. Over time, the body rejects dietary choices that are not good for health and can recognise life-affirming and wholesome foods. It is important to be persistent and patient.
Authored By: Divya Shankar
About Author: Divya Shankar is a multifaceted content writer with 7+ years of experience. She has exclusive writing expertise in ayurveda.