The need to take a break is more crucial than ever in our hyper-stressed contemporary world. The Supta Baddha Konasana can help you maintain a peaceful demeanor throughout the day and keep your worries at bay. If you can do this, you'll be in a better mood to wind down at the end of the day and how to quickly fall asleep well at night.
The Supta Baddha Konasana is a restorative yoga position that provides supta baddha konasana benefits like promoting sound sleep and corrects imbalances in the body. It gives you peace and serenity, and it may be the key to how to sleep easy or fast once you're in bed.
Supta Baddha Konasana, the asana opens up your hips and thighs, making it easier to do other postures. It is also known as the Reclined Goddess pose, Bound Angle Pose Yoga, or the Reclined Cobbler's pose because it resembles a reclined position.
To get the most out of this yoga pose, do it first thing in the morning before eating any food. Meanwhile, if mornings aren't your preferred time of day, nights work just as well. Supta Baddha Konasana's primary advantage is that it aids in how to sleep easy, but only if practiced three to five hours after a meal, ensuring a three- to five-hour break.
A Step-by-Step Guide to the Yoga Pose Supta Baddha Konasana
- If you want to get the full advantages of Supta Baddha Konasana, you need to practice it correctly.
- Sleep comfortably on the mat with your chest towards the ceiling to begin the Supta Baddha Konasana.
- Relax your shoulders and maintain your spine in an erect position. Make sure you don't put any tension on your neck as you learn how to sleep easy.
- After exhaling, engage your abdominal muscles to get your tailbone closer to your pubic bone. While stretching, there should be no discomfort in the lower back.
- Slowly do these to stabilize your spine and pelvis. Sudden movements may cause sprains. To get the most out of this position, hold it for around 20 seconds.
- Allow your knees to expand as you breathe quickly and gently, resulting in an excellent stretch for your pelvic area and inner thighs. Always maintain a relaxed posture with your shoulders and back neck, and avoid forcing your spine to arch. Inhale and exhale slowly and softly for 30 seconds in this position with Supta Baddha Konasana.
- Slowly exhale and exit the posture. It would help if you took longer to go to any stance than you did to enter it. Leaving a perspective too quickly might injure your body since it is so naive. In addition, keep your knees together for 10 seconds and gently rock from one side to the other. When your body is relaxed, you will be able to obtain a good night's rest and reap the full advantages.
- The video shows that this pose can be seen by other Malasan, the Gomukhas, and the Padmasana with Supta Baddha Konasana.
Supta Baddha Konasana's advantages
- Activating the ovaries is aided by this practicing yoga position. These additional bodily parts by the Supta Baddha Konasana: The prostate gland, kidneys, and urine bladder.
- As a result of practicing this position, you'll notice increased blood flow and heart rate.
- Supta Baddha Konasana helps extend your pelvis, inner thighs, and knees in a significant and supta baddha konasana benefits way.
- This position is excellent for calming the mind and making it easier to fall asleep at night.
- As a result of practicing yoga asana, one lessens the strain on the nerve system.
- This pose brings on slumber.
- Your body, since this is one of the most proper restorative supta baddha konasana benefits yoga positions.
- When you sit in this position, your digestive and reproductive systems, even if you're not suffering from any of these ailments, Supta Baddha Konasana health advantages may help alleviate their symptoms.
- The Bhadrasana yoga helps stretch and open up your hip flexors.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Performing the Reclined Bound Straight Pose in Yoga
- In this position, your feet should be contacting each other, and your toes should be facing upwards with Supta Baddha Konasana.
- To move your feet closer to the pelvis, bend your knees. Your feet' soles should contact one another, forming a diamond shape with your legs.
- Place your hands beneath your feet for support, and try to get your heels genitals as possible.
- Gently inhale and gently raise the chest and spine with each exhalation.
- Once you're relaxed, you're free to lay your back on the floor and take a few deep breaths. You may rest your arms on the inside of your thighs.
- Take a few deep breaths in this posture to help you relax your muscles.
- To exit, all you have to do is take a few deep breaths and extend your legs. Next, turn over onto your right side and sit up with the support of your hands.
Also Read: Know all about Ardha Matsyendrasana
Reclining Bound Angle Pose's Supta Baddha Konasana Benefits
One of the most supta baddha konasana benefits for your health is the Reclining Bound Angle. Reclining Bound Angle has the given benefits with Supta Baddha Konasana:
- As a result, your heart and lungs are stimulated.
- This stance invigorates the whole body.
- Stimulates the internal organs of the abdomen
- Relieves stress and mild depression
- Treats Irritable bowel syndrome, menstruation issues, and infertility are symptoms of this condition.
- Menstruation with Menopause: Helpful
- The groin, knees, and thighs are all stretched out during this exercise.
- It opens your hip flexors and flexes your hip flexor muscles.
- Stretches and tones your thighs
- Boosts your body's blood supply.
- It has a calming effect.
5 Yoga Pose Sequences to Help You Relax and how to sleep easy
It's not uncommon for how to sleep easy to be pushed aside by looming deadlines, critical meetings, and upcoming tests. Lacking proper rest, we feel physically sluggish and psychologically weary.
Padagusthasana (Supta Padagusthasana)
Sometimes we don't know the level to which we have accumulated stress in our body, especially in the legs. The Supta Baddha Konasana Padangusthasana sequence is one of my go-to practices for de-stressing. Grab a towel or a pair of slacks for this series. A supta baddha konasana benefits yoga strap is a good option if you don't want to bring the props into the bedroom.
Supta Baddha Konasana (Supine Bound Angle Pose)
Relaxing in bed and releasing the fronts of the hips may be achieved by doing Supta Baddha Konasana or Supta Sukhasana while resting on your back with supta baddha konasana benefits.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Supported Bridge Pose)
The parasympathetic nervous system is activated when the hips are above head level. In contrast, the sympathetic nervous system is engaged when the hips (relax-and-digest mode with supta baddha konasana benefits).
Viparita Karani's Bedtime Routine
Instead of sitting up from the previous supta baddha konasana benefits stance, swivel your body around to your headboard or wall to maintain your body in contact with the surface on which you are laying.
Savasana while lying on your side (Side-Lying Corpse Pose)
This supta baddha konasana benefits yoga stance takes you directly from Savasana to rest with how to quickly fall asleep. It's a transition-to-sleep stance.
- Lie on your left side.
- Put a cushion between your thighs to help you relax. Place an additional pillow between your lower legs and feet if you have them.
- They do not know how to sleep easy with their head on anything. Alternatively, you may lean your back against the wall if you know how to sleep easy close to one.
- Take a moment to choose the most comfortable position for your arms. Supta baddha konasana benefits the function pillow between my biceps and ear with the left arm extended straight out from my shoulder on the bed.
- Make a V-shape with your right arm. It is the ideal opportunity to offer a bear hug if you have one.
- Use your blanket to wrap yourself up.
- Close your eyes for a while and take a deep breath.
- From one hundred to zero, the countdown has begun. Start from the beginning again if you lose your count. Let the number slip as you wind down for the night.
Relaxation advantages of Supta Baddha Konasana may help alleviate the symptoms of stress, tension, and sadness, among others. The abdominal and reproductive organs, digestion, and blood circulation in Supta Konasana. It's one of the few supta baddha konasana benefits yoga postures that you may do after a meal, Supta Baddha Konasana.
Supta Baddha Konasana is gentle enough to let you ease into your exercise after a long day yet rigorous enough to help you begin to pay attention to your body and your breathing. In this therapeutic asana, the mind, body, and soul supta baddha konasana benefit simultaneously, providing the same advantages as other vital positions.
Authored By : Poorvi Chhajer
About Author : Poorvi is a psychology graduate with a knack for writing and belief in ayurveda.