Have you thought about starting Yoga? Don't know where to start? Here is a simple guide to convince you why to start and explain you where to start
On this International Yoga Day, let's take some time out for our happiness & balanced life. Yoga can give us peace of mind, increase oxygen supply to the brain and reduce stress. Yoga is a spiritual practice of harmonising mind, body and soul. It is the art and science of healthy living. People have been practicing it since centuries now.
Benefits of Daily Yoga
Practicing Yoga everyday has multiple benefits. In addition to improving flexibility, yoga is a major addition to your exercise routine for its strength-building benefits. Yoga will enhance your sleep quality, efficiency and sleep duration. According to research it is also beneficial in reducing depression, anxiety and stress which in turn makes you calm.
Yoga is a fantastic way to combat the negative effects of sitting at a desk all day and other things that contribute to a bad posture. Some yoga poses invert the hunched back and shoulders and improve bone health. In addition to straightening your posture, these poses will also help you open up emotionally, heal old wounds, and will make you a more positive person.
- It helps you become happier
- It can help you sleep better
- It will improve your posture
- It will improve your bone health
Learn Mudra of Yoga. Simple and Efficient
Gyan Mudra, improves focus & enhances memory is Yoga for Mind. Vrikshasana (free pose) invigorates you - increases concentration and stamina. Gyan Mudra meditation can be done by putting the thumb to index finger for concentration and calmness.
Prithvi Mudra promotes strength, healing & stability is Yoga for the Body. Virabhadra (warrior pose) strengthens the muscles, improves balance and makes us courageous. Prithvi Mudra meditation can be done by putting the thumb to ring finger for vitality, strength and endurance.
Shani Mudra, encourages compassion & patience is Yoga for Soul. Padmasana (lotus pose) is known to alleviate mental stress, restore energy levels and increase attentiveness. Shuni Mudra is practised by Holding down the middle finger with the thumb encouraging patience, discernment, focus and discipline.
Four Yoga Asana you do in Bed
Yoga trains your mind and your body. We all know how beneficial yoga can be. Many of us feel that after a long, tiring day that all you want to do is sit, eat and relax, while your lovely rolled up mat sits accusingly in the corner of your bedroom. If we look at Yoga as a form of self-care, maybe we will find a couple of minutes to practice a few simple steps. Do these few yoga poses on the bed, after a long day so you can unwind.
1.The Baddha Konasana (Butterfly pose) is known to cure asthma, flat feet and high blood pressure. It is said that regular practice of this asana can keep you free of any kind of disease. It also helps with spine health and menstrual cramps.
2.Apanasana is one of the simple yoga steps we can do on the bed. It will ease tension in the lower back and massage the abdominal organs.
After a long tiring day, it is a perfect asana to revive your energy and relax your mind and body. Apanasana will also reduce Gas and Bloating, promoting better digestion.
3.This Supine Twist pose will awaken your spine and stretch your back muscles and spine releasing the tension in them. This twist also stimulates the kidneys, abdominal organs, urinary bladders and intestines. Repeat on both sides.
4.The Child's pose also known as Balasana is a simple, calming pose to do in bed. Kneel on the mattress and allow your big toes to touch. Separate your knees as far as you are comfortable and lie down between your thighs. Stay here as long as you like. This pose helps with digestion and strengthens lower back. It also enhances blood circulation.
5 easy Asanas for Daily Workout
Want to be stronger against the virus? All you need to do is build strength against it inside-out. How? One word - Yoga!
Yoga is synonymous with healing, which with kindness is something gravely necessary in today’s times. Well, let’s start by being kind to our body.
As we power through our erratic work-life balance, it is integral we take time out to tune into our body and give it some love. It has been proven that #Yoga promotes holistic health and improved quality of life. So, here are some easy asanas to kickstart your yogic healing. These multi-beneficial asanas can be done as you wake up, during the day or just after that draining zoom meeting. We are onwards to a new age, people. Let’s enter the new decade, strong, inside and out. Sounds great right?
- Virabhadrasana for Hips & Glutes. Known for intensifying Mind and Body connection
- Bitilasana for Spine & Abdomen. Known for bringing balance especially for sedentary lifestyle
- Bhujangasana for Digestion & Backache. Known for Anxiety relief
- Adho Mukha Svanasana for headache & arm strength. Known for therapeutic and energetic benefits
- Ustrasana for posture improvement. Known for stretching relief
Myths about Yoga
You don’t need a yoga mat or a trainer to get started with #Yoga. This #InternationalYogaDay start with a few simple yoga steps. Various studies show how Yoga can make you a positive and calmer person. Go to any yoga tutorial or follow any yoga influencer on Instagram and get started with simple yoga poses. With numerous benefits and these myths busted you have no excuse but to start with yoga.
- Yoga is only for Women. False. More and more women today are turning towards yoga which is why we hear this myth. Truth be told, anyone can do yoga irrespective of their gender and age. The only thing you require is an open mindset and commitment.
- You can't do Yoga if you are not Flexible. False. While yoga is a great way to improve strength and flexibility, you don't necessarily need to start from there. Yoga will eventually make you flexible but there is more to it than just the physical postures.
- All Yoga styles are the same. False. Yoga includes various postures. From incredibly athletic and intense to spiritual, the options are endless. There are postures for every part of your body including your mind. If you're trying to lose belly fat try the cobra pose. If you are looking to improve sleep, try hero's pose. If you want to alleviate chronic pain, check out inversion poses. Need to enhance your memory? Go for the fish pose.
- Yoga is Outdoor activity. False. Yoga ideally, when performed outdoors can bring you a certain amount of solitude and serenity. However, it can be practiced anywhere. Only make sure that there is proper ventilation in the room, as breathing is essential for all yoga poses.
Your morning train of thought defines your entire day. Make sure you start your day on a positive note and charge towards your goal with confidence and zeal. Start fresh every morning and don’t wait for a Monday to take on new opportunities. Eating healthy food and starting your day with an Energising Workout every day will give you the push you need. Don’t let a bad day or a bad situation pull you down. Believe in yourself and keep working towards your goal. It is said to be helpful if you set smaller goals for the day in the morning and tick them off as you go by your day. This will make you feel content by the end of the day. Start today and don’t give up!
Try Auric Mind Rejuvenation - 100% Natural Beverage for Calmness and Mindfulness.