Many people start suffering viral as the weather begins to change. Do you know why it happens? No? It is due to weak immunity. People with weak immunity cannot fight against diseases and infections. And catch the flu quickly. When the season changes, many things change around like temperature, humidity etc. All these things affect our body. People with solid immunity quickly pass this phase. But the people with weak immunity have to suffer.
The flu may seem normal with the weather change. But it is not. A simple cold and cough can show you hell, and you will feel like your lungs are coming out of your body anytime. How can people with weak immunity protect themselves from getting cold and cough quickly? The effortless way to shield yourself is to boost your immunity. But how to do that? What are the ways to boost immunity? You are in the best place if you are looking for an immunity booster to defend yourself from creepy cold and cough. There is a magical ayurvedic drink with the power to protect you from cold and cough. Let me introduce this magical ayurvedic drink - Kadha or herbal tea and the best tips about kadha.
Kadha Recipe Ingredients
Before you know the recipe of this magical drink - kadha, you should know about its ingredients and best tips about kadha. Every ingredient of kadha plays a vital role in boosting immunity and provide kadha benefits. So, don't overlook any of the following elements while preparing the Kadha.
- Ginger: Our first ingredient in immunity boosting kadha is ginger. Kadha benefits come from the anti-inflammatory attributes, and that helps to relieve dry cold and cough. Some people chew a ginger piece to get relief from a cough. So add it to your kadha recipe ingredients list for cold and cough and immunity too.
- Raw turmeric: Raw turmeric is so pure and is an integral part of kadha recipe ingredients. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-septic attributes that is found in kadha benefits. A compound named Curcumin helps clear respiratory infections, overcome the cough, and strengthen overall immunity.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a magical plant itself. Benefits of Tulsi Leaves in Ayurveda are numerous. Do you know what another name of Tulsi is? "The Queen of herbs" is what people call it in India. This important kadha recipe ingredient has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antitussive and anti-allergic attributes and so Kadha benefits the body. It increases the person's ability to fight against diseases and so is added to the kadha recipe for cold and cough.Also read Benefits of Tulsi Leaves in Ayurveda
- Mulethi: Mulethi is a one-shot remedy for all sorts of respiratory difficulties and should be part of your kadha recipe ingredients for cold and cough. What does mulethi do? Mulethi thins phlegm and helps you clear your chest from the deposits phlegm. The anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-asthmatic attributes of Mulethi play a vital role in providing Kadha benefits and treating the common cold, cough, and flu symptoms
- Black pepper: Another ingredient that provides immense kadha benefits and thus a major ingredient in kadha recipe ingredients for cold and cough. This great Source of vitamin C naturally boosts our body immunity. Also, it helps to ease the chest congestion and blocked nose. Adding it is one of the best tips about immunity boosting kadha.
- Cloves: Cloves are a great source of anti-inflammatory elements and is among the important kadha recipe ingredients. The Kadha benefits that help you to overcome sore throat, cough, cold, and sinusitis is due to this spice. So do not miss adding clove in your kadha recipe for cold and cough.
- Water: Water is an important item in your list of kadha recipe ingredients. All the ingredients of the kadha recipe for cold and cough, immunity are boiled in the water. So that all the ingredients mixed well with water.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols as well as proanthocyanidins that is made use to get the kadha benefits. I am sure you are up to date with the fact that antioxidants strengthen our body's immunity. Along with this, cinnamon added to the immunity boosting kadha recipe ingredients can relieve cold and soothe a sore throat.
- Organic Honey: Just like cloves, honey has anti-inflammatory as well as antibacterial properties. Addition Organic honey in your kadha recipe for cold and cough also helps to boost our immune system and hence used to increase the kadha benefits.
Kadha Recipe for Immunity
To get all the kadha benefits it is important to follow the right kadha recipe ingredients and way to prepare it. This will prove to be one of the best tips about kadha. Kadha recipe ingredients for immunity is super easy. Let's have a look at how to make immunity boosting kadha recipe for cough and cold.
- Firstly, take a pan and add seven to eight glasses of water. Please put it on the gas stove to heat the water.
- Then, add all the immunity boosting kadha recipe for cold and cough ingredients in the following quantity to get kadha benefits.
- Ginger- Add only 1-inch ginger only. You can either crush it or cut it into small pieces.
- Raw turmeric: Add only half a spoon of raw turmeric only.
- Tulsi- Eight to ten leaves are enough to give your kadha a robust flavour as well as immunity-boosting features.
- Mulethi- Add at least four to five sticks of Mulethi to water.
- Cinnamon- Add three to four bars of Mulethi to water.
- Black pepper- Around ten to twelve pieces of Black pepper good to go.
- Cloves- Add ten to twelve cloves to the water.
- Once all the immunity boosting kadha recipe ingredients are added to the water, boil it for at least 1 hour on a mediocre flame to get maximum kadha benefits
- When the water quantity reduces to two to three glasses, could you switch off the gas and let it cool down?
- Pour it into a utensil. And you can have this immunity boosting kadha in the early morning or before bedtime. It is up to you.
- Whenever you want to have kadha benefits, add half a spoon of organic honey. It will sweeten your kadha as well as make it a kadha recipe for immunity and cold and cough.
You can call kadha an Indian traditional drink. You can find it in every home in India. There are a lot of kadha benefits for skin and body that you might be unaware of. Scroll down to read out about the kadha benefits.
- Immunity booster: Kadha is the best drink to boost your body immunity. And give strength to fight against the diseases. Kadha has all the ingredients that we require to build the immunity system of the body. Thus, boosting immunity is one of the kadha benefits.
- Detoxification: Kadha helps in the detoxification of the body. Kadha is full of antioxidants and antioxidants help to clean our body and make it healthy.
- Best for respiratory problems: All the ingredients added in kadha are best to clear your respiratory system and protect it against respiratory issues. Tulsi and lemongrass acts miraculously to soothe your respiratory symptoms. It lessens the signs of asthma also. You should learn how to make kadha for cough.
- Improve metabolism: A cup of kadha can help you in improving your metabolism. Some people complain about their metabolism and feel nausea, vomiting, etc. Those people must try kadha to repair their digestive system, in addition to avoiding the 5 mistakes due to which your metabolism is slowing down.
- Anti-ageing properties: The antioxidants found in kadha nourish your skin and slow down the ageing process. Your skin starts looking healthy as well as glowing, which are the benefits of kadha for skin.
- Weight loss: Not only this, but you can use kadha as a weight loss remedy. The natural ingredients kadha helps to incinerate your fat and make you slim.
- Reduce inflammation: Ingredients like ginger, turmeric are great to lessen the inflammatory condition in any part of the body. Kadha can act as an excellent remedy for joint and muscle pain.
- Helps Relieve Stress: Stress is precarious for overall health. It can lead you to exposure to a variety of diseases. Did you know that kadha recipe for immunity and cold and cough has stress-busting properties? The kadha benefits are also that it lowers the symptoms like anxiety and depression.
The immunity boosting Kadha is a treasure from the Ayurveda's world. The above are the best tips about kadha. Make it a habit of having a cup of kadha to make your life healthy due to kadha benefits. In this pandemic, it is crucial to make your immunity strong. What could be the better option than using kadha recipe for immunity? Kadha will be an excellent addition to your everyday diet and us at Auric highly recommend reaping benefits of kadha for skin and boosting immunity, including other kadha benefits.
Boost your Immunity with our fighter herbal drink: Auric Body Defence as it contains the goodness of numerous ayurvedic herbs, providing full protection against diseases and making you healthy overall!
Authored by: Vijeta Rana
About the Author: Vijeta Rana is a Wellness and Fitness Blogger from Punjab, India