Modern living has many boons. However, it comes with convenience, versatility, shorter supply chains, happier customers with quicker consumption. One such material that changed the way food was consumed is plastic. Whether it’s for the plastic bags that we use at stores or the packaging for food to be conveniently heated and consumed - National Geographic reports in an article published in 2018 that almost 40% of plastic produced is for packaging items, used once and discarded immediately.
When it comes to sustainable eating, it’s not only about organic, healthy, plant-based eating. But also, about the forks, spoons, containers, plates used to prepare and consume them in. So, if you are someone conscious of the environment and want to contribute to its best while enjoying your food, check out the option of organic coconut bowls made of original coconut shells.
Organic Coconut Bowls and Sustainable Eating
Coconut bowls are beautiful eating bowls handmade using coconut shells. Serve and eat your dishes straight out of these smoothened bowls that are absolutely safe to use and easy to care for. What makes these bowls sustainable is the use of coconut shells sourced directly from nature. This practice helps conserve natural resources without impacting the environment. Once the coconuts are harvested, these shells are traditionally burnt off to make space for new crops. This led to a significant contribution to CO2 and methane emissions that potentially harm the environment, particularly humans and animals. However, with the invention of coconut bowls, this too has changed.
Coconut bowls come in different sizes, depending on the shell. Some result in jumbo coconut bowls, while smaller ones may be used to make spoons and forks that are equally gorgeous to look at and user-friendly.
Benefits of Organic Coconut Bowls
There are many benefits to using organic coconut bowls as part of sustainable eating:
- 100% Natural: Organic coconut bowls are plastic-free, synthetic-free, toxin-free, and naturally made from coconut shells. This makes it safe to use as a vessel for consuming foods of different temperatures.
- Unique in design: Made from natural coconut shells, every bowl is unique and not factory-produced, resulting in identical products. These are handcrafted by artisans, smoothened to give a clear finish, including beautiful engravings. Gifting natural handmade coconut bowls is also in trend for their design, use, and eco-friendly elements.
- Eco-friendly: Making an eco-friendly product means keeping the environment and safety of consumption in mind. An eco-friendly coconut bowl is produced so that it has zero impact on the environment and can be re-used multiple times, saving resources.
- Sustainable: Making these bowls by not cutting down natural reserves or resources helps future generations. The more crop planted and harvested, the more raw material is available for making organic coconut bowls. The production cycle involves using trash of coconut harvesting into a masterpiece of a treasure.
- Lightweight and easy to care: Perfect for kids and aged alike, these organic coconut bowls are lightweight and vegan-friendly. Eat from these bowls guilt-free, or take pictures of your delectable meals to post on social media! It’s also easy to clean- it just needs a rinse, and it’s good to use again!
- Travel friendly: Organic coconut bowls are an excellent alternative to plastic when moving. So whether it’s a barbeque, a picnic, or even a road trip, carry these lightweight natural handmade coconut bowls to enjoy your snacks or meal.
- Long-lasting: Polished with coconut oil for a finish, these eco friendly coconut bowls are sturdy, bump resistant, and stand the test of time.
How are Organic Coconut Bowls Made?
The journey to a gorgeous organic coconut bowl on your table involves zero wastage from the moment of harvesting till the final product. An eco-friendly coconut bowl is a true gift of nature created with zero chemicals, toxins, plastic, and is BPA-free. Easy to hold, handle and use, coconut bowls wholesale go through the same.
- Power-operated ladder
- Any climbing equipment
Harvesting coconuts involves climbing up a coconut tree with the help of a rope ring secured around the ankles of the climber. Alternatively, a ladder can be used if the tree is shorter in height. Upon reaching the top, the climber checks the maturity of the nut using his harvesting knife on the lowest bunch. The climber then cuts the base of the most apt stalk, dropping the bunch on the ground.
A mechanical iron rod device is used for de-husking the nut. After which, it is cracked using a knife to split into two parts. The water in this nut is collected immediately and is considered highly nutritious. It is commonly used as a beverage to treat dehydration, diarrhea, maintain blood pressure, and many such. Being high in potassium, low in calories, and free of fat, it is the number one choice in drinks for athletes too. The minerals and natural vitamins found in this water keep skin hydrated and moisturized. Coconut water is also commonly used in culinary dishes to enhance taste through flavor.
Next, the meat or pulpy white flesh is scooped out. High in antimicrobial properties, consuming this flesh is excellent for oral health, among many other benefits. After scooping the insides entirely, the shells are cleaned, cut, and smoothened by skilled craftsmen. Some organic coconut bowls are left plain in design bringing out their rich, dark, coffee-brown color, while others may have engravings done by artisans.
Even a batch of coconut bowls wholesale; each is unique with its cracks, dents, and other perfectly flawed indents of natural coconut.
5 Amazing Uses Of Organic Coconut Bowls
If you thought stunning Jumbo Coconut bowls only belonged to the kitchen, you are in for a surprise. Add these organic coconut bowls to their playroom and use them for art and craft, organizing, or storing things too. Store crayons, puzzle pieces, wooden blocks, and so much more. Alternatively, use an array of coconut bowls inside drawers to organize and segregate small items.
Kids can also use Jumbo Coconut bowls to mix their playdough or paint safely. Not a fan of indoors? Pack these natural handmade coconut bowls with other beach toys and use them to scoop and build sandcastles! What’s more, rinse the bowls in water and let them air dry naturally. Easy, squeezy!
Coconut bowls are a natural alternative to plastic pots. Use an eco-friendly coconut bowl to plant low-maintenance succulents, grow saplings, or even use an exotic bowl to fill water for birds.
Looking to give a loved one a sustainable and eco-friendly gift? Spread the message of love for your planet earth by gifting Coconut bowls and spoons by brands like Auric. The mere act of gifting this encourages and inspires people to live a conscious life keeping our planet and our health as a priority. Its exotic finish, engraved or not, makes an excellent gift showcased or used daily.
Give these cute little organic coconut bowls as creative party favors by rejoining two bowls to recreate a whole coconut. Fill these bowls with treats like candy, chocolates, or healthier protein balls and gift attendees bowls of goodness!
Made from real coconuts waste, these are truly repurposed to become a treasure that can be gifted to all ages.
Planning a romantic candle-lit dinner? Add a tropical touch by using natural handmade coconut bowls as a candle holder. As most coconut bowls are polished with oil, ensure to be careful and not leave a candle in for too long as it’s highly inflammable. So, blow out that candle as soon as dinner is done!
The most obvious place to use one, use a Jumbo coconut bowl to serve delicious and healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner. Some of the top favorites that health-conscious bloggers, athletes, and food guru’s recommend in an eco-friendly coconut bowl are:
- Berry Smoothies
- Pasta with sauce
- Acai bowl
- Snacks bits
- Raw cereal bowls
And so much more. The kitchen becomes an inspirational lab with organic coconut bowls to cook and serve in.
The Many Other Uses Of Coconut Trees
The beauty of an exotic coconut tree is that almost every part of it is put to use without waste.
- Leaves: Coconut leaves are used to build hut roofs, wrap food for steaming and cooking, make brooms, and many such. Most harvesters are mindful not to cut off green, fresh leaves, which could affect the yield.
- The Flesh: Used for culinary dishes, milk, and flour
- Oil: Used for cooking, consuming, and topically applying on skin and hair.
- Shells: Apart from using natural handmade coconut bowls for serving prepared dishes, these are also used as vessels for steaming food.
- Husks: The fibrous material is often used to make rope and used as a natural scrubber.
- Wood: Used in traditional households to feed the fire in kitchens.
- Flowers: With medicinal properties, it promotes blood sugar stability, healthy heart, weight loss, and many such.
The Take Away
Sustainable eating was never easier than indulging in reusable and recycled cutlery options made from natural coconuts. Most conscious brands sell coconut bowls wholesale as part of their goal towards a happier environment and healthier you. Whether you are looking to gift a range of products or want to use it personally, ensure to engage with such brands that source an eco-friendly coconut bowl ethically.
Authored By: Divya Shankar
About Author: Divya Shankar is a multifaceted content writer with 7+ years of experience. She has exclusive writing expertise in ayurveda.