Let's Start with What is Shilajit
Pure Shilajit is an ancient herb found in the Himalayan mountain ranges of Tibet and India. Shilajit powder is considered a superfood and a dietary supplement that has been used in Ayurvedic medicines for thousands of years as the original shilajit offers many health benefits. If you are wondering what shilajit is and how the name is derived, it is from the Sanskrit word, Shila, which means rock, and Jit, which means conqueror. Combined, it is called the conqueror of mountains or invincible rock. What Shilajit is referred to as in ancient texts is ‘exilir of evergreen life, such is the relevance of pure Shilajit from the olden days.
What shilajit is made of that makes it so beneficial? It contains a powerful adaptogen that strengthens the body and helps the body perform at an optimal level. Apart from that, shilajit powder is a broad spectrum of trace elements and minerals that are needed by the body to function at its best. The best Shilajit acts as a catalyst to boost the properties of other herbs and supplements as it contains fulvic acid, which aids in absorbing minerals at the most granular level, the cellular level. Pure Shilajit is considered potent and depends on the color of the rock it is collected from, the area, altitude, the purification technique used to make Shilajit powder, and the type of rock.
Now that you know what Shilajit is, you may be curious to know what it looks like. Pure Shilajit is a tar-like resin that is sticky and comes out of the cracks in the mountain ranges of the Himalayas in the summer due to the rise in temperature in the rock. Original Shilajit is formed over centuries due to the decomposition of microorganisms and plants. It takes centuries for the best Shilajit to form, and scientists who have studied what Shilajit explain that it is nature’s millenary product.
Get It Here - 30% Off
What are Shilajit's Benefits
While not all are pure shilajit, all Shilajit powder powdersfor have some basic similarities and have humic acid, selenium, and fulvic acid. It also has benzoic acid, carbohydrates, tannic acid, and fibers. Because of these plant-based compounds and minerals, pure shilajit offers many benefits, like:
- Anti-inflammatory: The best pure Shilajit powder is anti-inflammatory and positively impacts health. It can reduce the symptoms of arthritis and sore and achy joints and gives youthful energy.
- Skincare: Among the main shilajit benefits is that Shilajit powder can be used to resolve skin problems like acne and have glowing skin. What Shilajit USP is the anti-inflammatory properties that remove free radicals and prevent cellular damage. Mix original shilajit with any face pack and see glowing skin and anti-aging results.
- Cognition: What Shilajit consumption does to the brain is that it clears the brain fog with its nootropic properties and improves comprehension, memory, and ability to focus.
- Reduces stress: What Shilajit got to do with stress relief is that it has an androgen-like effect on the body and reduces stress hormones making it easy to deal with stress.
- Enhances testosterone: One of the best Shilajit benefits for men is that it acts as a revitalizer, enhances physical performance at the gym, and reduces fatigue. Pure Shilajit can also help boost testosterone levels and reproductive functions in men and women.
Reduces risk of Alzheimer's: What shilajit got to do with Alzheimer’s disease is that it shows potential in preventing the clustering of the brain’s pathological filaments. This clustering is believed to be the reason for mental decline and disease development.
Also Read: Top 10 Hacks to Take Care of Your Mind
What does Shilajit's Modern Research say?
Pure Shilajit is one of the most researched herbs because of the many advantages the original Shilajit provides. As per studies, it has been found that it contains trace elements, micro minerals, and organic humic and fulvic acids along with antioxidants. These aid in the benefits that are well described in various texts written by Ayurveda practitioners. These trace elements and essential minerals are vital to the various processes and functions in the body. Humic and fulvic acids increase the bioavailability of nutrients in the body.
What is the Shilajit Purity Test?
Many fake versions say that the original Shilajit contains heavy metals that are harmful to health. So it is important to conduct a purity test before consumption. It includes:
- Solubility test where pure shilajit is dissolved in warm water. If it dissolves, it is pure, and if it doesn't mix properly, it is not of good quality.
- A pliability test is another way to check its purity. Pure Shilajit is always in its original form and becomes sticky if kept in your palms. If kept in a refrigerator, it becomes hard and breaks like glass.
- A flammability test can also be done. If pure Shilajit is heated, it forms a bubble and becomes ash. If it smokes or gets burnt, it is not pure.
Pure Shilajit is worth a try as it provides many benefits. But along with using the best Shilajit powder or supplement, follow a healthy diet, exercise, and stay hydrated with natural Ayurvedic drinks and beverages.
Authored By: Divya Shankar
About Author: Divya Shankar is a multifaceted content writer with 7+ years of experience. She has exclusive writing expertise in Ayurveda.