Are you someone who believes the secret to beautiful, glowing, youthful-looking skin is through skincare products? Social media has us believe that many products ranging from toners, serums, scrubs and creams, layer on layer, is an instantaneous route to blemish-free skin. With claims like, ‘get glowing skin in just a week of using this product or regimen’ – most of us, unfortunately, fall victim to the marketing. Not only are they time consuming to apply, require discipline and consistency, but they are also expensive too! While these topical applications are beneficial to a certain extent, there is nothing like attaining beauty skin deep. More and more skin and overall health-conscious people are opting for natural beauty drinks for their health benefits in the long run. In addition, it leaves your skin hydrated, detoxified and glowing from within. Consuming natural beauty drinks has long proven its benefits, with the natural powerhouse of ingredients included demonstrating a range of medicinal properties.
Whether it’s an ongoing skin condition you want to ease/cure or are looking for a healthy skin regimen that’s easy on the pockets to follow, these natural beauty drinks can just be the right option for you. Also read What Makes for the Best Juice for Skin?
What are Natural Beauty Drinks?
Any tonic or concoction prepared using organic, safe to use, zero processed, plant-based natural ingredients qualify as natural beauty drinks for consumption. These are prepared explicitly with zero chemicals, no artificial sweeteners or preservatives using raw ingredients from nature. These include vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs, spices, seeds, etc.
Ideally, these juices for glowing skin are consumed straight after preparation and come in various combinations made to aid a particular skin condition or for overall clean skin health.
Why Choose Natural Beauty Drinks for Skin?
- Zero side effects: Consuming natural beauty drinks cause zero side effects if consumed in balanced quantities. With no additional synthetics or chemicals added, using natural juices for glowing skin over time does not lead to any side effects, unlike toxic cosmetics.
- Skin deep: If you suffer from chronic inflammation or an imbalance internally, it’s bound to show up on your skin first. Consuming morning drinks for clear skin not only soothes the skin of these reflections but can help alleviate the root cause of inflammation, too, with the use of natural ingredients.
- Cheaper: Buying these natural beauty drinks ingredients are much cheaper than investing in a high-end skincare regimen that may be expensive to restock as needed. Since skin maintenance is a daily ritual, it requires the use of skin care products regularly. The best fruit and vegetable juices cost you much less with their ingredients available from any local store.
- Less time consuming: Prepping these morning drinks for clear skin is simple. It’s all about collecting the best fruit and vegetable juices ingredients and blending them, adding a dash of spice or herbs. Consume on an empty stomach for optimal nutrient absorption and goodness.
- A powerhouse of nutrients: Drink up these natural beauty drinks to avail yourself of various nutrients, including antioxidants, anti-microbes, vitamins, minerals and other medicinal properties. Possibly the quickest way to ingest a powerhouse of nutrients in one glass, these juices for glowing skin are beneficial for overall good health.
Choose Your Elixir Of Natural Beauty Drinks
Feed your skin with the natural goodness of juices for glowing skin using these ingredients:
Beetroot and Carrot
The combination of beetroot and carrot is amazing in salads and drinks alike. Not only does it heal the skin, but it encourages blood circulation that impacts skin glow. Beetroot and Carrots are rich in Vitamin C and iron, thereby having anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-ageing properties. Enjoy this morning drinks for clear skin on an empty stomach to tackle acne issues and enhance skin brightening.
Honey and Lemon Water
A popular detox recipe in the morning drinks for clear skin list, this mix acts as an electrolyte with anti-ageing and anti-oxidant agents. Start your day with these splendid natural beauty drinks to remove toxins, encourage cell regeneration and overall skin rejuvenation. Honey has excellent anti-ageing properties that keep skin moisturised, while the Vitamin C and astringent qualities in lemon reduce excess oil production in the skin. A combination of this on an empty stomach works towards clear, glowing skin.
Papaya and Cucumber
The king of fruits in skincare, papaya has precious enzymes that moisturise skin, bring about a glow and nourish the skin. This amazing fruit also enhances collagen production that helps reduce wrinkles and hydrates skin. Cucumber, on the other hand, is an excellent hydration booster. High on vitamins and minerals, this juice in itself calms inflammation, reduces redness, puffiness and diminishes blemishes. Mix these juices for glowing skin and consume them first thing in the morning. Add a dash of lemon to increase the vitamin C load, boosting immunity too.
Aloe Vera Juice
This succulent plant is what every skincare routine must-have. Whether applied topically or consumed as part of natural beauty drinks, aloe vera is a powerhouse of skin-nourishing nutrients. The gel-like fleshy substance in a leaf consists of anti-inflammatory properties that heal the most sensitive skin. So whether it’s breakouts, sunburns, cuts or wounds, aloe vera juice heals you from inside and out. Mix two tablespoons of this gel with about 5-8 cherries without seeds for taste and nutrients.
Also known as the ‘Golden Milk’, this drink tops the list of natural beauty drinks of all times. Predominantly used as traditional Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric milk acts as an anti-viral and antibiotic agent. Turmeric, in particular, consists of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that directly work on acne, scar, blemishes, pigmentation and such. Add this to milk, and you have a one-stop-shop for healthy and glowing skin. Have this as the last thing before bedtime or as part of your morning drinks for clear skin regimen.
Popularly known for its support in weight loss goals, the Vitamin C load in this hot beverage is great for clear skin. If you suffer from acne and clogged pores, the nutrients in this morning drinks for clear skin ensures your skin remains naturally healthy. In addition, one of the major antioxidants found in green tea is effective in reducing skin inflammation and signs of ageing.
Not a fan of bitter green tea? Why not try one of the most trending, matcha tea. Packed with antioxidants, matcha tea is excellent to increase moisture retention in the skin and avoid wrinkles. The natural compounds in this drink protect cells and molecules from damages, helping treat various illnesses.
One of the most underrated natural beauty drinks, consuming a good amount of water daily can do wonders for our skin. Water supports active circulation, digestion and absorption while ridding the body of toxins. This creates balance internally, reducing inflammation, allowing skin cells to remain healthy.
Being the largest organ on the body, our skin protects us and provides thermoregulation through the thick layers of skin. Furthermore, drinking more natural water ensures our skin doesn’t sag, maintains PH balance for healthy skin, prevents pimples, maintains skin elasticity, and so much more. Drink up to 2-3 litres of water.
Best Fruit And Vegetable Smoothies
The world is truly your oyster when mixing the best fruit and vegetable juices for great skin. Fruits and vegetables naturally contain vitamins and micronutrients that can directly reduce inflammation, control excess oil production and nourish the skin. Using vegetables like broccoli, carrots, red or yellow peppers, sweet potato, tomatoes, avocados etc. in salads or as juices are exceptionally beneficial for the skin as they contain:
- Vitamin E: An important antioxidant that protects skin from oxidative damage
- Vitamin C: Essential for healthy skin, it helps create collagen- the protein that keeps skin firm.
- Zinc: This mineral helps heal skin, especially after an injury. Most importantly, zinc boosts the natural production of collagen, helping skin look plump and youthful.
- Beta-carotene: Found in fruits like oranges and vegetables like carrot, spinach and sweet potatoes, it is an antioxidant that helps prevent sunburns, cell death and dry skin.
These are among a few nutrients that ensure skin is plumpy, wrinkle-free and glows naturally. Mix these with a dollop of yoghurt for its lactic acid, calcium and live culture content.
A healthy diet can change the way your skin looks. Enhance the goodness of these drinks by adding spices like cinnamon that help reduce breakouts and aid in weight loss too!
Consuming plant-based beverages are great for the body and supports our environment with zero wastage. If you are someone short on time to prepare these drinks, why not invest in conscious brands like Auric for glowing skin? Their Skin Radiance drink has a mix of Ayurvedic herbs, aloe vera, turmeric, amla, Gotu kola- all of which encourages skin elasticity, collagen production, blood circulation and good health. Great skin through a drink!
Authored By: Divya Shankar
About Author: Divya Shankar is a multifaceted content writer with 7+ years of experience. She has exclusive writing expertise in ayurveda.