What happens when you have a chronic headache? You end up meeting up visiting an allopathic doctor. The doctor checks symptoms and prescribes medicine for you. But, even after endless meetings with the doctor, are you still feeling terrible? But it is not the same case with Ayurvedic practitioners.
Firstly, an Ayurvedic practitioner will examine your situation, get details of your medical history, and find the root cause of your headache. After that, start working on removing the root cause.
Ayurveda is different from modern medicine. Modern medicine is symptomatic, whereas Ayurveda examines the root cause of the problem. But which one is better? Ayurveda or modern medicine? Well, it is easy to answer this question. If you have difficulty answering this question, read out this super quick write-up to clear your mind.
Get a cappuccino, have a seat and read which one is better, Ayurveda or modern medicine.
Knowledge of Ayurvedic medicine and Modern Medicines
Ayurveda is not only for curative purposes, but it is a way of living. Thus, Ayurveda refers to the belief in life and longevity. In addition, Ayurveda uses natural medicines to cure any diseases. The natural remedies are of natural herbs, extracts, and plants. These herbs and plants are safe to use. They have no side effects.
Ayurveda is not only bound to providing solutions when a problem has started. But it also focuses on providing optimal health so that no problem arises again. Ayurveda has followed the belief that prevention is better than cure.
On the other hand, modern medicine comes up with various side effects. So it concentrates on lessening the symptoms and treating them only. To find the origin of the health issue, the doctor suggests doing some tests. If they didn't find anything in the tests, they ask more tests to do.
Ayurveda uses a different approach to understand the origin of the problem. Ayurveda checks the doshas imbalances. Diseases are a result of doshas imbalance, whether it is major or minor. Ayurveda detects correctly. And it is more affordable as compared to allopathic medicine.
Ayurveda or Modern Medicine, which one is better?
Many patients are suffering from various diseases that are cured with Ayurvedic practices. However, even modern medicine has said "No" for the treatment of these patients.
The Ayurvedic practices are pretty popular across the globe for it's simple, cheap, and highly efficient treatments.
Ayurveda has a lot of benefits that make it better than modern medicine.
1. Modern medicines concentrate on treating symptoms only without knowing the origin of the diseases. It doesn't focus on the overall health of the patient. For instance, doctors suggest having antibiotics to treat any infection. There is no attention paid to handle the imbalance in the body caused by such potent drugs.
On the other hand, an Ayurvedic practitioner checks the overall body of the patient. Then, he examines the balance of doshas and gunas to give a complete cure and restore balance in the patient body.
2. Ayurveda believes in prevention and maintaining the overall health of the person. It does not revolve around physical health only but also emotional and spiritual health. Ayurveda practitioners suggest lifestyle changes as well as changes in the diet plans. In the case of modern medicine, doctors prescribe medication for each symptom you have.
3. Modern medicines are lab-produced. They work on a specific part of the body. As a result, they may fulfill their purpose but leave an imbalance in other parts of the body. In addition, a few drugs only can be used for other purposes. Modern medicines have only one or two elements to treat specific symptoms.
On the other hand, ayurvedic medicines work as tonic. It nourishes your brain and activates healing properties. Thus, it provides physical nourishment and makes psychological, emotional, and mental balances. It is only possible with Ayurveda. In ayurvedic medicines, all elements are natural. There is no chemical interference in the manufacturing process.
4. Ayurveda is not only about medicines; it is a way of living. As per Ayurveda, the compatibility of food is essential. Instead of providing small prescriptions. Ayurvedic practitioners focus on balancing the doshas and six tastes. They mainly suggest a total dietary regime to balance these. Ayurvedic practitioners give Ayurvedic medicine as complementary to the patient's dietary plan. Did you know that patients with the same disorders can get different prescriptions in Ayurveda? Crazy, right? But it is true.
Modern medicine practitioners hardly bother about your diet. Instead, they concentrate on the treatment for the obvious or lab-identified symptoms only. What is causing it doesn't matter.
5. Ayurvedic medicines help increase the body's immune system to fight back against all kinds of bacteria and viruses. Modern medicine works to kill particular bacteria or viruses only. It doesn't work on the overall health of the patient.
6. Modern medicine has no connection with spiritual health. Ayurvedic practices work on physical, emotional, and spiritual health also.
7. Scientific research on Ayurveda has proven the effectiveness of various Ayurvedic herbs. Amla, Ashwagandha, Aloe vera, and Guduchi are widely used ingredients for Ayurvedic medicine. To check their benefits, you can read Ayurvedic textbooks.
Here are a few ayurvedic alternatives of allopathic medicines you should know.
1. Alum-Mag Hydroxide-Simeth - Gelusil
Alum-Mag Hydroxide-Simeth manages high levels of stomach acid such as heartburn, upset stomach, and indigestion. The doctor recommends this medicine when you feel bloating and pressure in the belly. However, this medicine has some side effects like headache, nausea, and constipation.
But no worries! I have ayurvedic alternatives for you that will get relief from stomach problems.
Alsactil by Kerala Ayurveda is the effective Ayurvedic alternative to treat acidity. You can use this medicine instead of Alum-Mag Hydroxide-Simeth. It treats bloating and gives relief from hyperacidity and headaches.
Alsactil includes various herbs like maricha, musta, pippali, triphala, durva, and yashtimadhu. Ayurvedic practitioners suggest one to two tablets a day only.
2. Magnesium Hydroxide - Milk of Magnesia
This modern medicine reduces the acid present in your stomach. Also, it improves the water content in your intestines that results in proper bowel movements.
Alsactil is the ayurvedic alternative for Magnesium Hydroxide. It treats acidity. It also effectively treats other signs of stomach problems such as nausea, loss of hunger, and stomach ulcer. Consume one to two tablets a day for better results.
I guess your mind is pretty clear now to choose which system is better for you and your family. Ayurveda helps to live a long and healthy life.
"Switch to Ayurveda and take a baby-step towards a blissful life."