Many people start suffering viral as the weather begins to change. Do you know why it happens? No? It is due to weak immunity. People with weak immunity cannot fight against diseases and infections. And catch the flu quickly. When the season changes, many things change around like temperature, humidity etc. All these things affect our body. People with solid immunity quickly pass this phase. But the people with weak immunity have to suffer.
The flu may seem normal with the weather change. But it is not. A simple cold and cough can show you hell, and you will feel like your lungs are coming out of your body anytime. How can people with weak immunity protect themselves from getting cold and cough quickly? The effortless way to shield yourself is to boost your immunity. But how to do that? What are the ways to boost immunity?
You are in the best place if you are looking for an immunity booster to defend yourself from creepy cold and cough.
There is a magical ayurvedic drink with the power to protect you from cold and cough. Let me introduce this magical ayurvedic drink - Kadha. Do you know how is Kadha prepared? If not, no worries. I will let you know "how is Kadha prepared."
Before you know the recipe of this magical drink - kadha, you should know about its ingredients. Every ingredient of kadha plays a vital role in boosting immunity. So, don't overlook any of the following elements while preparing the Kadha.
- Ginger: Our first ingredient in kadha is ginger. It has anti-inflammatory attributes, and that helps to relieve dry cold and cough. Some people chew a ginger piece to get relief from a cough.
- Raw turmeric: Raw turmeric is so pure. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-septic attributes. A compound named Curcumin helps clear respiratory infections, overcome the cough, and strengthen overall immunity.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a magical plant itself. It has a lot of benefits for the overall body. Do you know what another name of Tulsi is? "The Queen of herbs" is what people call it in India. It has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antitussive and anti-allergic attributes. It increases the person's ability to fight against diseases.
- Mulethi: Mulethi is a one-shot remedy for all sorts of respiratory difficulties. What does mulethi do? Mulethi thins phlegm and helps you clear your chest from the deposits phlegm. The anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-asthmatic attributes of Mulethi play a vital role in treating the common cold, cough, and flu symptoms.
- Black pepper: This great Source of vitamin C naturally boosts our body immunity. Also, it helps to ease the chest congestion and blocked nose.
- Cloves: Cloves are a great source of anti-inflammatory elements. It helps you to overcome sore throat, cough, cold, and sinusitis.
- Water: Water is required to make Kadha. All the ingredients are boiled in the water. So that all the ingredients mixed well with water.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols as well as proanthocyanidins. I am sure you are up to date with the fact that antioxidants strengthen our body's immunity. Along with this, cinnamon can relieve cold and soothe a sore throat.
- Organic Honey: Just like cloves, honey has anti-inflammatory as well as antibacterial properties. Organic honey also helps to boost our immune system.
The method to prepare Kadha is super smooth. Let's have a look at how is kadha made.
- Firstly, take a pan and add seven to eight glasses of water. Please put it on the gas stove to heat the water.
- Then, add all the ingredients in the following quantity.
- Ginger- Add only 1-inch ginger only. You can either crush it or cut it into small pieces.
- Raw turmeric: Add only half a spoon of raw turmeric only.
- Tulsi- Eight to ten leaves are enough to give your kadha a robust flavour as well as immunity-boosting features.
- Mulethi- Add at least four to five sticks of Mulethi to water.
- Cinnamon- Add three to four bars of Mulethi to water.
- Black pepper- Around ten to twelve pieces of Black pepper good to go.
- Cloves- Add ten to twelve cloves to the water.
- Once all the ingredients are added to the water, boil it for at least 1 hour on a mediocre flame.
- When the water quantity reduces to two to three glasses, could you switch off the gas and let it cool down?
- Pour it into a utensil. And you can have it in the early morning or before bedtime. It is up to you.
- Whenever you want to have kadha, add half a spoon of organic honey. It will sweeten your kadha as well as help boost your immunity.
How to store Kadha?
Kadha can be stored for the whole two days. Take a purified sealed glass bottle and pour the kadha in it and close the cap tightly. Don't forget to heat it before consuming it.
Take out the amount you wanted to drink. After that, heat it. You can add lemon and honey to it. Trust me! It will give it a fabulous flavour that you cannot resist yourself drinking.
Benefits of kadha
You can call kadha an Indian traditional drink. You can find it in every home in India. It has a lot of benefits that you might be unaware of. Scroll down to read out about the benefits of kadha.
- Immunity booster: Kadha is the best drink to boost your body immunity. And give strength to fight against the diseases. Kadha has all the ingredients that we require to build the immunity system of the body.
- Detoxification: Kadha helps in the detoxification of the body. Kadha is full of antioxidants. And antioxidants help to clean our body and make it healthy.
- Best for respiratory problems: All the ingredients added in kadha are best to clear your respiratory and protect it against respiratory issues. Tulasi, lemongrass acts miraculously to soothe your respiratory symptoms. It lessens the signs of asthma also.
- Improve metabolism: A cup of kadha can help you in improving your metabolism. Some people complain about their metabolism and feel nausea, vomiting, etc. Those people must try kadha to repair their digestive system.
- Anti-ageing properties: The antioxidants found in kadha nourish your skin and slow down the ageing process. Your skin starts looking healthy as well as glowing.
- Weight loss: Not only this, but you can use kadha as a weight loss remedy. The natural ingredients kadha helps to incinerate your fat and make you slim.
- Reduce inflammation: Ingredients like ginger, turmeric are great to lessen the inflammatory condition in any part of the body. Kadha can act as an excellent remedy for joint and muscle pain.
- Helps Relieve Stress: Stress is precarious for overall health. It can lead you to exposure to a variety of diseases. Did you know that kadha has stress-busting properties? It lowers the symptoms like anxiety and depression.
Kadha is a treasure from the Ayurveda's world. Make it a habit of having a cup of kadha to make your life healthy. In this pandemic, it is crucial to make your immunity strong. What could be the better option than kadha? Trust me! Kadha will be an excellent addition to your everyday diet.
"Have warm kadha, once in a day!"
Authored by: Vijeta Rana
About the Author: Vijeta Rana is a Wellness and Fitness Blogger from Punjab, India